Donna Hay Melt and Mix Chocolate & Coconut Cake
I love simple, easy and no fuss recipes! And this recipe for Chocolate & Coconut Cake from Donna Hay fits the bill perfectly. It is a “melt & mix” recipe – everything gets tossed into one bowl, mixed and in to your cake tin.
This was the perfect recipe for my daughter (Miss C – for cookie!) and I to undertake on a lazy Sunday morning. It accompanied us to my mother-in-law’s yesterday afternoon, where we had plenty of cake testers. The overwhelming verdict was it was good, as within a few short minutes there was only crumbs left!
Miss C decided to decorate the top with a chocolate icing and some sprinkles. You could also dust with icing sugar or cocoa, or alternatively a chocolate ganache. We also had a little whipped cream on hand, for that extra indulgence.
What are your favourite chocolate cake recipes?
Don’t forget to share with us your creations on our Facebook or Instagram pages, #memoriesinthekitchen
Chocolate & Coconut Cake Recipe (courtesy Donna Hay)
250g butter, melted
75 g cocoa powder
295g caster sugar
120g dessicated coconut
225g plain flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180° C. Grease a cake tin (suggest a round 24cm tin) and line the base.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour into your prepared tin, and bake for 50 minutes.
- Service warm or cold. You can dust the top of the cake with sifted cocoa or icing sugar. Or if you are feeling indulgent, top with icing or chocolate ganache.
- Enjoy making memories in the kitchen!