Everybody loves a good chocolate chunk cookie but sometimes we need to take them to the next level.
So I thought I’d share with you some ideas of what you can add to do just this.
1. For the coffee lovers out there, create a mocha twist to your chocolate chunk cookies. Add a teaspoon or so of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee powder when whisking all the dry ingredients for your cookies.
2. Stir in a handful of granola or crunchy cereal into the dough to add a crunch to your chewy cookies.
3. Sprinkle the flattened dough balls with a pinch of flaky salt.
4. For those that love chocolate orange, add the zest of an orange when mixing the dough.
5. Toss in a handful of toasted nuts, like hazelnuts, pecans or almonds for a nutty crunch.
6. Ginger and chocolate are a perfect pair – add in a handful of chopped crystalised ginger to the dough.
7. Lastly, why not try a spoonful of peanut butter (or other nut butter) or even some chocolate hazelnut spread to the dough when mixing.
For the White Chocolate and Cranberry lovers, try adding either chopped macadamia nuts for some crunch, some orange zest or a handful of crystallised ginger!
Have fun creating even more delicious #memoriesinthekitchen